Welcome to the governors’ section of the school website.
This information tells you about our school governors and the role of the governing body. The governors at Brede are a committed group of volunteers. We work closely with the head teacher and staff to ensure the school runs as effectively as possible. The government sets responsibilities for the governing body which we work hard to fulfil.
Together, we oversee the:
- quality of education the school offers
- progress and achievements of its pupils
- standard of behaviour
- ability of the leadership team to inspire growth and development
- school’s finances
- recruitment and performance management of staff
How we achieve the above
The whole governing body meets at least once each term.
We monitor and evaluate the school’s progress through:
- focused school visits
- analysis of pupil data
- meeting the children to talk about their learning
- meeting with staff to appraise their contribution to the school
- checking the school finances
We appoint high-calibre staff.
Governors attend relevant training.
We work with:
- the local authority (East Sussex County Council)
- the local community
- agencies that support the school.
|Governor||17 Sep 2020||10 Dec 2020||11 Feb 2021||25 Mar 2021||19 Apr 2021||20 May 2021||11 Jul 2021||Total|
NIA = Not In Attendance