Principles and Purpose
We believe in a broad and balanced curriculum and value all subjects. Our aim is to equip all children with a breadth of knowledge and skills in all areas of the curriculum.
Our curriculum will give the children opportunity to:
- understand the purpose and value of their learning and its relevance to their past, present and future.
- learn within a coherent and progressive framework.
- develop a deep subject knowledge.
- develop self-esteem and confidence in their abilities.
- experience the challenge and enjoyment of learning.
- develop and demonstrate creativity.
We deliver the curriculum in a series of themed units or ‘Learning Journeys’. These cover the requirements of the national curriculum. They follow a two-year cycle to accommodate mixed year classes. See the current A cycle curriculum for each subject and each class.
If you have any further questions about our curriculum then do not hesitate to contact the office who can pass your query on to the correct member of staff to respond.